Brian’s Mexican Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into ½ – inch cubes
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- ½ small can of black beans
- ½ small bag of frozen corn
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (add more if want spicy)
- ¼ tsp. chili powder (add more if want spicy)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Brown or basmati rice (follow cooking instructions on box)
- Optional garnishes – cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, Picante or taco sauce
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken w/Salt & Pepper; put in hot skillet (oil should start to smoke, not burn).
- Brown chicken; add beans, corn, onion; stir in cayenne pepper, chili powder.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; cook until corn, beans are heated (about 5-to-10 minutes).
- Salt & Pepper to taste; stir in cilantro.
- Serve over rice w/favorite garnishes.
*Note: Lunch next day—wrap Mexican Chicken in a warm tortilla and add your favorite garnishes.