Chef Tee’s Oodles of Noodles with Shrimp
Prep time: 25 minutes; cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 (3 oz.) pkgs. ramen noodles (discard or save seasoning packets for another time)
- 3/4 lb. large shrimp w/tails, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 medium head Napa cabbage, cut into thin slices
- ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 2 tsps. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tsp. (or to taste) siracha
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5-to-6 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat; add ramen noodles; cook until tender; drain, rinse w/cool water.
- Divide cooked noodles between four serving bowls; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in medium sauté pan over medium-high heat; add shallots; sauté until tender (about 2-to-3 minutes); transfer to small bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil to same sauté pan; add cabbage; sauté until slightly wilted (about 3-to-4) minutes; add red bell pepper, cook for another minute; then transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in same sauté pan over medium heat; add ginger, garlic; sauté until softened, (about 2 minutes); stir in chopped tomato, siracha, soy sauce, lime juice; add chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer broth for about 10 minutes; season to taste w/Salt & Pepper.
- Stir in shrimp; cook until light pink (about 2 minutes); add cabbage, bell pepper; cook for another minute; remove pan from the heat; stir in scallions, cilantro.
- Divide shrimp, vegetables between 4 noodle bowls; ladle about a cup of broth into each bowl; garnish w/cooked shallots; serve.