Serves 8 to 10
- Lasagna noodles (oven-ready, no-boil brand)
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 jar Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsps. parsley flakes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package (6 to 8 oz.) pepperoni slices
- ½ stick of pepperoni, bite-sized chunks
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 oz. cans)
- 2 small cans tomato paste (6 oz. cans)
- ½ tomato sauce can of water
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, 1 tsp. salt, eggs, Romano cheese, ¼ tsp. pepper, parsley; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix tomato sauce, paste, water, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sugar, Salt & Pepper to taste; set aside.
- Brown beef in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions; cook for a few minutes; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine beef onion mixture, pepperoni, tomato mixture; set aside.
Directions II: Layer ingredients in 9” x 13” pan.
- 1st layer—lasagna noodles
- 2nd layer—cottage cheese mixture
- 3rd layer—ground beef mixture
- 4th layer—mozzarella cheese
- Repeat directions 1 thru 4 until pan is full or you run out of ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes; sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top; bake another 10 minutes or until cheese melts and lasagna is cooked through.
- Serve with tossed salad and loaf of bread.
Note: You can prep lasagna a day or two ahead and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.