Brian’s Pork Chops & Apples
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time: 5-to-10 minutes; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
- 4-to-6 boneless pork chops, 2-inches thick
- Garlic and rosemary olive oil (can substitute your favorite olive oil blend)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups cubed Nittany and/or Sun Crisp apples w/skin (can substitute your favorite firm apple)
- Small shallot, diced
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. ginger honey
- Rub oil on chops until meat is lightly coated on both sides; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; place chops in pan.
- Cook uncovered for 4-to-5 minutes; turn meat to cook on other side and add 1 cup apples.
- Cook covered for another 4-to-5 minutes or until meat is done; remove chops.
- Add remaining apples, shallots, honey and cinnamon to skillet; cook covered until apples are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Serve chops with cooked apples.