Chef Tee’s Potato Skins with Chili
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 25 minutes
- 8 large russet baking potatoes (bake day before and refrigerate)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1-to-2 cups favorite chili
- 1-to-2 cups favorite cheese, shredded
- Garnishes — sour cream, chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove cold potatoes from frig; cut each in half lengthwise.
- Use spoon to scoop out potato insides; leave about 1/4-inch potato on skin (discard leftover potato insides).
- Grease inside and outside of potato w/oil.
- Place greased potatoes, flesh-side up, on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Fill each potato half with 2-to-3 Tbsps. chili; top w/cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until cheese melts.
- Garnish w/sour cream, onions.