Brian’s Rosemary Chicken with Wild Rice Medley
Prep time: 15 minutes; cooking time: 15-to-20 minutes
- 1 to 2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oi
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup of white wine (can substitute chicken stock)
- 1 box of store-bought 5-minute long grain and wild rice medley (follow cooking instructions on box)
- Garnishes — Parmesan cheese, freshly grated and capers
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat; add half of garlic.
- Salt & Pepper one side of chicken; then add half of rosemary on top.
- Place chicken in pan seasoned side down to sear.
- Add rest of herbs and garlic on top of chicken; add onions.
- Turn chicken when lightly browned; add wine. (If worry about flare-ups, remove pan from heat before adding wine.)
- Reduce temperature to medium-low; cover; simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from stove; let sit for about 5 minutes, so juices settle and redistribute.
- Serve over rice; garnish with Parmesan cheese and capers.
Note: Tenderize chicken before cooking by pounding it flat with a heavy object like a tenderizer or small hammer. Make sure you cover chicken with plastic wrap before pounding.