Stuffed Boneless Turkey Breast
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes; cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 (2 ½ -to-3 lbs.) whole turkey breast
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Chef Tee’s Turkey Stuffing (recipe below)
- Brown gravy (optional; store-bought is fine)
- Preheat oven 400° F.
- Butterfly turkey breast; lay open like book skin side down.
- Put turkey stuffing ball in center of breast.
- Roll up turkey breast w/stuffing in center, so looks like whole turkey breast before butterflied; use thick cotton string (aka kitchen twine) to tie around turkey tightly to help hold shape.
- Use brush or hands to rub oil on breast; season top w/Salt & Pepper.
- Place turkey in roasting pan; bake uncovered about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160° F, turkey is browned.
- Remove from oven; cut string, discard; let turkey sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve w/brown gravy.
Chef Tee’s Turkey Stuffing
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tsps. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup sherry
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup craisins
- In large bowl, add ingredients; use hands to form large meatball.
- Stuff in Chef Tee’s Boneless Turkey Breast.