Chef Tee’s Swiss Chard with Smoked Turkey Cracklings
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 3 bunches Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ Tbsp. garlic paste
- ½ cup white onions, chopped
- ½ cup smoked turkey leg, diced, skin removed (reserve skin for turkey cracklings)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup smoked turkey cracklings (recipe below)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garnishes – grated comte or Gruyere cheese, lemon zest
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Add onions; cook for 1 minute.
- Add Swiss chard; when starts to wilt, add smoked turkey; toss.
- Season to taste w/Salt& Pepper (if needed).
- Cook a few minutes more.
- Transfer to serving dish; drizzle olive oil on top.
- Garnish w/turkey cracklings (see recipe below), cheese, zest.
Makes about ¼ cup
- Skin from smoked turkey leg
- Vegetable oil
- Thinly slice turkey skin.
- In medium pot, heat 2 cups oil over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add sliced skin; gently stir to prevent clumping.
- Fry until skin is golden brown, crisp (about 15 minutes).
- Use slotted spoon to remove cracklings; drain on plate lined w/paper towel.