Brian’s Tasty Green Beans
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. Worcestershire sauce (can substitute Teriyaki sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh green beans
- 1 cup smoked turkey breast (can substitute 2 strips bacon)
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- ½ cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cashews, whole or halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- Snap or cut off stems of green beans; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk Worcestershire sauce, honey, butter; set aside.
- Fill large bowl w/cold water, ice cubes; set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat; add lemon juice, beans; cook until beans are bright green (about 5 minutes.)
- Drain; plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking; drain again; set aside.
- In large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium-high heat until crisp (if use bacon, don’t need oil); transfer turkey to dish.
- Add peppers, onions to skillet w/leftover turkey drippings; sauté; add garlic for final minute of sautéing.
- Add beans, cashews, turkey, honey mixture to skillet; toss ingredients; serve.