Courtesy: Karen Opalka
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes ; cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 (6 ¼ oz.) pkg. fast cooking long grain wild rice w/herbs and seasonings
- 3 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into serving sizes
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 Tbsps. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsps. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Heat butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, cranberry sauce in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Spread out uncooked rice over bottom of buttered 9×13 inch baking dish; sprinkle rice seasoning on top of rice.
- Arrange chicken over rice.
- Pour cranberry sauce mixture over chicken; cover pan w/foil (can stop here and put dish in frig for several hours until ready to bake)
- Bake one hour.
- Sprinkle almonds on top; bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve w/green beans.