Chef Tee’s Turkey Wings
Prep time: ; cooking time:
- 5 lbs. turkey wings
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups green bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsps. dry thyme
- ¼ cup seasoned salt
- 1 qt. water
- Pre-heat oven to 500° F.
- In large bowl, combine vegetables, wings, dry thyme, seasoned salt; mix thoroughly.
- Arrange wings (skin-side up), vegetables in lg. rectangular, oven-proof casserole dish.
- Add water to dish, cover tightly w/heavy-duty aluminum foil; bake 1 hour.
- Carefully remove foil from casserole dish; return wings to oven; continue cooking for 30 minutes or until wings are GB&D (golden brown and delicious).
- Remove wings from oven; cool for about 15-to-30 minutes.
- Serve w/jasmine or basmati rice.