Chef Tee’s Shrimp and Grits
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes; cooking time: 5-to-10 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. canola or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup turkey or pork andouille sausage, cooked, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup shallots, sliced
- 12-to-14 medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsps. butter (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Old fashioned grits or polenta (follow directions on box, but don’t use all water; make sure 1/3 of liquid that instructions call for is milk)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, garlic, shallots; cook a few minutes.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes, green onions, chicken broth; simmer over medium heat 2-to-3 minutes (or until shrimps turn pink); turn off heat.
- Stir in butter until melted; stir in parsley, basil.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Serve over grits; enjoy!