Chef Tee’s Turkey Meatballs with Apple Chutney Sauce
Serves 2 to 4
Prep time — 10 minutes; cooking time — 10- to-15 minutes
- 1 lb. Koch’s Ground Turkey Meat
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tsps. Ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup sherry
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup apple chutney
- 2 Tbsps. butter (optional)
- In large bowl, add Koch’s Turkey, oats, ancho chili powder, salt, pepper; use hands to combine ingredients.
- Use hands to form 1-inch meatballs.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add meatballs; brown about 3-to-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour; deglaze* pan with sherry.
- Add chicken stock; bring to a boil; cook until sauce thickens (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in apple chutney, butter, parsley.
- Serve as hors d’oeuvres or with rice, favorite vegetables.
*Deglaze — adding stock, wine or another liquid to pan to loosen food particles that are stuck at bottom of pan.