Brian’s Turkey Melt with Bacon
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5-to-10 minutes; cooking time: 10-to-15 minutes
- 8-to-12 sourdough bread slices
- Bacon grease (can substitute melted butter)
- Goat Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- Maple Leaf Apple Smoked Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- Crispy bacon strips
- Koch’s smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low.
- Spread thin layer of bacon grease on a slice of bread; put bread greased side down in skillet, then layer following ingredients on top…
1st layer –1-to-2 Goat Gouda cheese slices
2nd layer –1-to-2 turkey slices
3rd layer — 1-to-2 apple slices
4th layer — 1-to-2 Maple Leaf Apple Smoked Gouda cheese slices
5th layer — 1-to-2 bacon strips
6th layer — 1-to-2 tomato slices
7th layer — 1 slice of bread topped w/thin layer of bacon grease
- Cook covered until bottom layer of bread is toasted on outside (about 5 minutes).
- Carefully flip sandwich; cook covered until new bottom layer of bread is toasted (about 5 minutes); remove from skillet.
- Repeat steps 2 thru 4 to make 4-to-6 sandwiches.